Saturday, December 13, 2008

Week One

Kiley was 6 pounds 4 ounces when we left the hospital. By her one week check up, she was at 6 pounds 5.5 ounces. Her doctor was glad to see she was almost back at her birth weight. She had 2 weeks to get back to her birth weight, but she didn’t waste much time! She sleeps a lot. The day we got home from the hospital everything was going well until that night. I took a shower, and then it was time for Kiley to eat. I didn’t stay clean for long. Kiley threw up on me after she ate, which scared her and me. After we got her calmed down, I was changing her diaper, and she started choking. I immediately picked her up and started patting her back. It wasn’t two seconds later when I felt a warm sensation down my stomach. Kiley pooped on me. Needless to say, I took another shower. I did get pooped on again later in the week. I was changing her diaper and was wiping her bottom when projectile poop shot at me. It got on me and the couch. I quickly learned to keep the diaper up to prevent that from happening. Jeremy and I learned a lot about diapers this week. We managed to go through 3 diapers in one changing. Kiley likes to wait to get a clean diaper before she poops or pees! Nothing much more happened this week. Even though Kiley is sleeping most of the day, I still don’t seem to have much time to get anything around the house done!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ha ha! I can't believe the throwing up and pooping! You know Carson is 16 months old and I have never been pooped on and Carson has never had his poop come out of his diaper. Weird.