Wednesday, June 10, 2009

6 Months

At Kiley's 6 month appointment, she weighed 13 pounds 9 ounces and was 26.25 inches tall. She was still in the 50th percentile for height but dropped to the 18th percentile for her weight. We were told to make sure she doesn't miss any meals and to keep an eye on her weight. I felt like a bad mother at first, but after talking to a few friends I feel better. Not all babies are going to progress the same. The doctor even said she is very healthy and doing fine. Kiley is overall a happy baby. She is starting fuss a bit more, but it may only add up to an hour or two a day. Some days are better than others.

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day. I got some things for my embroidery machine that I had been wanting. We also had some take out Bang Bang shrimp from Bonefish. Jeremy also made me some of his famous chocolate chip cookies. I LOVE them and eat too many of them when he makes them. He also has started saving me some of the cookie dough. Yumm...

Kiley has now figured out that she can get her toes into her mouth. Just one more thing that she puts in there! It amazes me that she tries to put toys twice her size into her mouth. She has sat on her own for a few minutes. She still topples over a few times before she is able to stay in the sitting position, but she is getting better. Kiley is also into textures. She loves scratching on new surfaces.

On Memorial Day weekend, Kiley went on her first boat ride. We went with some friends to Shell Island. Kiley was having so much fun she would not take a nap. Kiley also started her first solids of rice cereal. She lunged at the spoon and then did not know what to do with the cereal in her mouth. It then all came right back out! She was messy once she was finished. I think it was a learning experience for all of us. I can't imagine how much a mess we will have on our hands once we start colored foods! Kiley is now sleeping in her crib in her own bedroom. I think it was harder on Jeremy and me than it was on her. She did fine and slept through the whole night.

Speaking of Kiley being in her crib, sometimes I put her in there when she is fussy and I can't get her to calm down. Her crib bumpers have little fish on them and their fins are made out of tulle like material. Well one day while she was in her crib during her fussy moment, she pulled the fins off two of the fish. Her little fingers fit right through the little holes. She showed me! I have now turned the bumpers around!

She still has no teeth and is not crawling. She does know how to get around by rolling. She is really getting the hang of rolling from back to stomach and from stomach to back. She loves jabbering and does it more and more everyday. Every thing is still going very well.


Kiley Mixed Video - (1 min 42 sec) the end of the video has Kiley eating rice cereal for the first time

No comments: